Return to the Forum Board Return to the Forum Board Show your Support for Morgan Webb

Get Firefox! Watch X-Play on G4TechTV!
Home Page IHMW Forum Online Games Console Games Downloads & Misc. Members Only

Looking to advertise? (over 10,000 pageviews per day)

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Morrowind, Talk about the excellent PC RPG
Tim the Slipperman
Posted: Sep 3 2004, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

I really love the game Morrowind. Not only is it virtually open-ended to where you can do just about anything you like in the course of the game, but you can add downloaded plugins that give you more items, quests, monsters, NPCs, etc., that could add replay value and a more personal feel to the game.

Maybe later on when more people are in this forum, I might list some great mods that I'd recommend for the game here in this thread...

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
PM
highway
Posted: Sep 3 2004, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

Administrator & LIFETIME Supporter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Tim the Slipperman @ Sep 3 2004, 11:03 AM)
I really love the game Morrowind. Not only is it virtually open-ended to where you can do just about anything you like in the course of the game, but you can add downloaded plugins that give you more items, quests, monsters, NPCs, etc., that could add replay value and a more personal feel to the game.

Maybe later on when more people are in this forum, I might list some great mods that I'd recommend for the game here in this thread...

Tim (aka the Slipperman)

I would love to see more 'expansions' on game ...

Thanks Tim, for the recommendation.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOLYahooMSN
topbob
Posted: Sep 3 2004, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

Member No.: 5

heh, funny you mention morrowind cause ive just recently got the GOTY edition, and i must say, its an awesome game. first of all, its just increadably massive, and theres so much freedom to do what ever quests you want from any one. the graphics arent the greatest, but thats not what always makes a game good, at all. Say for instants Helbreath, a little known 2D MMORPG modeled after Diablo (programmed in korea). I've played the game for 3 years now >_>
ive been playing morrwind a whole lot lately, its quite fun, I also like the system of leveling up, where after you gain a certain amount of other skills raised, thats what levels you up, not mindlessly killing crap loads of monsters for endless hours to gain exp points.
it wins a 4 out of 5 on my list ;)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
Hock
Posted: Sep 4 2004, 01:34 AM
Quote Post

Group: Lifetime Paid Supporter
Member No.: 14

I finally beat it a few weeks ago. It took me a frigging long time too, and I still haven't beaten 2/3 of the mission quests (i.e. House Telvanni, Mage's Guild, Vampires etc.), and PLUS I've been thinking about ordering the expansion packs to tack on even more stuff I haven't done. It's probably the most bang I've ever gotten for my buck out of a game.
PMEmail Poster
Keroro Gunso
Posted: Sep 5 2004, 11:30 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 30

I bought the Game of the Year Edition, and I have to say that it is a brilliant piece of work. Over the summer, I played it for about 6-8 hours a day for 2 weeks and I still haven't beaten it. But, I am level 42, so I've been doing good.
PMEmail Poster
Holy Dragon
Posted: Sep 7 2004, 08:18 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

Member No.: 21

I love morrowind a 5 out of 5 in my book. The tribunal expansion was kinda lacking, and dagoth ur should have looked better. I loved the free roaming experince with all the minor things to do or stuff like completing quests for the great houses or the mages guild. I really like the enviroments in bloodmoon not to mention the werewolves. For mods suggest the knights of tamriel mods as they are real nice armor that isnt as demonic and dark as alot of the other armor. If you hate the underwear your character has i reccomend the better bodies mod that does contain mor than an underwear version. I believe the mod is called clean underground mansion and it is a great house mod for balmora with lots of manequins (sp), chests, shelves, bed, even an archery range and practice dummies. also the morrowind summit site has alot of great mods.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Tim the Slipperman
  Posted: Sep 11 2004, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

Did you know? I just found out at the Morrowind Summit site (http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind) that BethesdaSoft's follow-up to Morrowind will be entitled "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"! I can hardly wait to see how that game's gonna look...

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
PM
Holy Dragon
Posted: Sep 13 2004, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

Did they say anything about a date?

(sounds like fun and I hope they improve on the combat which is one of my few complaints)
PMEmail PosterAOL
Agatio
Posted: Sep 16 2004, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 37

ive never played it. Ive been deprived. But i heard it was good. So maybe i might get it now. I doubt it but maybe.....
PMEmail Poster
Keroro Gunso
Posted: Sep 19 2004, 08:13 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Agatio @ Sep 16 2004, 05:35 PM)
ive never played it. Ive been deprived. But i heard it was good. So maybe i might get it now. I doubt it but maybe.....

If you still want a life, then don't get this game, trust me, I am consumed.
PMEmail Poster
highway
Posted: Sep 19 2004, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

Administrator & LIFETIME Supporter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Keroro Gunso @ Sep 19 2004, 08:13 PM)

Good point, I think that's why I'm not really into the massive multi role-playing games like FFXI or EverQuest and such ... too much time would be needed and I've already have to little time as is.

Much of this site and the developement of future features are taking a lot of my time.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOLYahooMSN
Keroro Gunso
Posted: Sep 20 2004, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (highway @ Sep 19 2004, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (Keroro Gunso @ Sep 19 2004, 08:13 PM)

Good point, I think that's why I'm not really into the massive multi role-playing games like FFXI or EverQuest and such ... too much time would be needed and I've already have to little time as is.

Much of this site and the developement of future features are taking a lot of my time.

The only thing about me is that I have alot of freetime, and so I usually play it for at least a few hours a day.......please help me. Also, I would like to note that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is being covered in Game Informer, if you buy/subscribe.
PMEmail Poster
Holy Dragon
Posted: Sep 21 2004, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

QUOTE (Keroro Gunso @ Sep 20 2004, 09:20 PM)
The only thing about me is that I have alot of freetime, and so I usually play it for at least a few hours a day.......please help me. Also, I would like to note that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is being covered in Game Informer, if you buy/subscribe.

I will definetely pick up that issue.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Tim the Slipperman
  Posted: Nov 22 2004, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

I've finally decided to post my favorite mods for Morrowind (most, if not all, should be found at the aforementioned Morrowind Summit site):
-Sugarmoon's Culture Shack (store in Sadrith Mora that sells tie-dye shirts and denim pants...great if you want your character to look like Rupert from Survivor :D )
-CM Partners Mod (adds a new level of social interaction to the game, through its new NPCs; you can make friends with these NPCs, hire them as your henchmen, even make love to NPCs of the opposite gender! You can even easily create your own CMP NPCs in the Construction Set...I've done this and modelled some of mine after fave celebs including Morgan)
-Whips (adds whips and morning stars to the variety of weapons)
-The Claws, Iron Monks (both put together add claw weapons)
-Snapes Gelatinous Cubes (adds man-eating gelatin cubes to the game)
-Cait's Critters Unleashed (adds tame farm animals to all the villages and towns)

more maybe later...

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll