Return to the Forum Board Return to the Forum Board Show your Support for Morgan Webb

Get Firefox! Watch X-Play on G4TechTV!
Home Page IHMW Forum Online Games Console Games Downloads & Misc. Members Only

Looking to advertise? (over 10,000 pageviews per day)

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ds Discussion, a discussion about the upcoming DS
Holy Dragon
Posted: Sep 7 2004, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21

In case the place you live is under a rock you have heard about the nintendo DS and the Sony PSP.

The Nintendo DS will have 2 screens, wi-fi capability, a microphone, a touchscreen with stylus as a second function of the bottom screen, it will have 2 different ports for gba and DS games. However the DS will not be compatible with Color or original gameboy games. Since E3 the look of the DS has been refined and sharpened for the look you can check Nintendo's site. The DS features a control scheme which will allow ports of super nintendo games and it is yet to be seen if they will be able to port N64 games. Rumor has the DS as either a 64bit or 128bit system. Announced game include more than 100 titles from SuperMario64x4 which could be a remake of the N64 classic with wireless multiplayer, a new super mario world, a new sonic game, metroid prime hunters which uses the stylus to shoot, the urbz, wario ware, and many other announced titles. But what i like is the DS's possibilities, I would love it if a Super Smash Bros. Game was made for DS using wireless multiplayer to battle any of your friends and because everyone is not looking at the same screen the two screens could be used to give you the best views possible. The estimated price of the DS is anywhere from $150 to $200 but knowing nintendo they will not undo themselves by making it impossible to afford to the average consumer. Nintendo has stated that it will probably be available for this holiday season.

So now post your thoughts, hopes, (corrections) about the Nintendo DS
PMEmail PosterAOL
Agatio
Posted: Sep 7 2004, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 37

Very good, but you forgot one thing. Morgan Webb is HOT!
PMEmail Poster
Holy Dragon
Posted: Sep 7 2004, 08:44 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

Announced Games for Nintendo DS also this does not include the 20 games Nintendo is said to have in development.
(List Pulled from Nintendo's Site)
Atari, Inc.

Atari Classics

Atlus USA

Caduceus
Snowboard Kids DS
Plus three additional titles in development

Bandai Entertainment Inc.

Meteos
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Plus one additional title in development

Capcom Entertainment, Inc.

Mega Man Battle Network
Viewtiful Joe

Electronic Arts

GoldenEye
Madden NFL
Need For Speed Underground
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf
The URBZ: Sims in the City

Hudson Soft Co., Ltd.

Bomberman

Koei Co., Ltd.

Dynasty Warriors (working title)
Plus two additional titles in development

Konami Digital Entertainment

Boktai (working title)
Castlevania (working title)
Dragon Booster (working title)
Frogger 2005 (working title)
Survival Kids (working title)
World Soccer Winning Eleven series (working title)
Vandal Hearts (working titles)
WINX (working title)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour

Majesco

Moonlight Fables
Nanostray
Plus at least three additional titles in development

Namco Hometek Inc.

New Mr. Driller (working title)
Pac ’n Roll (working title)
Pac-Pix (working title)

Orbital Media

Four titles in development, including the genres of action platformer, strategy role-playing, combat racing and family.

SEGA of America, Inc.

Project Rub (working title)
Sonic DS (working title)

Square Enix Co., Ltd.

A new story of Secret of Mana
A new story of Slime Morimori Dragon Quest
Dragon Quest Monsters series
Egg Monster Heroes
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series

Summitsoft Corporation

Air Assault 2
Organizer Plus

Tecmo, Inc.

Monster Rancher

Telegames, Inc.

Ultimate Brain Games
Ultimate Card Games
Ultimate Pocket Games

THQ

SpongeBob SquarePants
Plus five additional titles in development

Ubisoft Entertainment

Asphalt GT
Rayman
Plus additional titles in development, including a major movie license for early 2005

Vivendi Universal Games

Robots
PMEmail PosterAOL
topbob
Posted: Sep 7 2004, 10:09 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (Holy Dragon @ Sep 7 2004, 08:44 PM)
Announced Games for Nintendo DS also this does not include the 20 games Nintendo is said to have in development.
(List Pulled from Nintendo's Site)

Atari Classics

Mega Man Battle Network

GoldenEye

Castlevania (working title)

Four titles in development, including the genres of action strategy role-playing

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series

Monster Rancher

theres the titles i would acually play out of that list
I want to see some classic rpgs moved onto a portable console, maybe Chrono Trigger? ;) hint hint...
moving a lot of the classic NES and SNES games onto portable units is the way to go, thats how you'll get a sell to me
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
Holy Dragon
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

I do agree that the list of third party games isn't too great but it is the same way with the Game Boy Advance, and one also has to remember that most of the GBA's high quality games were made by Nintendo and most third party games sucked.

I would also like to see ports of SNES games such as Super Metroid, Final Fantasy III, Megaman X(before the series sucked), and if possible i would love to have ports of old N64 games(Imagines playing Jet Force Gemini with wireless multiplayer).

I forgot to mention earlier that The DS was chosen to be its name altough until recently was only a code name for the system. The term DS stands for both Dual Screen and Developer's System, underlining the focus of this new system. It has also been stated that the DS is to be a "third pillar" to be alongside the gamecube and the gameboy. But I believe the DS to be the next step for Nintendo's handhelds and not the "third pillar".

Announced Games currently in development by Nintendo

Animal Crossing DS
Mario Kart DS
Metroid Prime Hunters
New Super Mario Bros.
PictoChat(chat program utilizing the stylus)
Super Mario 64x4
Wario Ware DS (will be interesting to see how the stylus is used to play minigames)
PMEmail PosterAOL
Agatio
Posted: Sep 11 2004, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 37

I want to see super mario RPG for it. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! oh well. maybe if we get lucky.
PMEmail Poster
highway
Posted: Sep 11 2004, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

Administrator & LIFETIME Supporter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Agatio @ Sep 11 2004, 03:54 PM)
I want to see super mario RPG for it. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! oh well. maybe if we get lucky.

How about a MARIO C.A.R.D. game :)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOLYahooMSN
Webb-head
Posted: Sep 11 2004, 06:47 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 7

not trying to be a jackass but you do know the PSP is gonna kick it's ass becuase
no.1 the PS2 kick GC
no.2 they say nintendo know's hand helds they also knew consoles the PS one kicked N64 ass

and thats the bottomline cuase webb-head said so!
PMEmail PosterICQYahoo
Holy Dragon
Posted: Sep 12 2004, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

The market for the PSP is different. The Nintendo DS will cost less and not have to market specs because the intended audience for most of Nintendo's games will appeal to all ages. The PSP will sell its specs, sleek design, and price to people who like to show off their gadgets. Sony is also known to have faults in the fragileness of their systems (the PSP screen worries me). Nintendo devotes itself to making sure that their systems will be durable, cost effecient, and appeal to a vast audience. Which is why the GBA kicked the PS2's ass in terms of sales and satisfaction.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Webb-head
Posted: Sep 12 2004, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

i think compareing a console to a handheld is the most worst thing i have ever heard the PS2 is 100 time's the sytem the GBA will ever be. the only thing that top's a console is a PC like it or not the PS2 has funner game's more powerful game's and all around worth more.
PMEmail PosterICQYahoo
Holy Dragon
Posted: Sep 12 2004, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

Then this is where we disagree. (I was just simply stating the GBA has outdone the PS2 so how could you expect the PSP to out do the DS)
PMEmail PosterAOL
Webb-head
Posted: Sep 12 2004, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

PS2 killed the gamecube they are both consoles the GBA is a handheld like the PSP will be now i can't say wich WILL be better i can just guess like we're all doing at this time and i bet the PSP will do better becuse i think company's like EA and THQ will more then likely go PSP just a thougt
PMEmail PosterICQYahoo
Holy Dragon
Posted: Sep 13 2004, 04:40 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

EA has five games in developement for the DS and THQ has 6. If they could make that for the PSP I would be impressed (developers don't even know the PSP final specs yet much less have a developement kit)
PMEmail PosterAOL
Webb-head
Posted: Sep 13 2004, 05:04 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Nintendo may know handhelds but sony know's about beating nintendo on it's on turf wich like the PSone did to the N64 and Dreamcast, and now it will do the same all over again i mean who's gonna choose nintendo over sony,sony is more for adults where as nintendo is really a child's toy thing(dob't get me wrong i like Zelda,mario,and donkey kong)and adults play video game's more then kid's wich is why the PSP will beat out the DS
PMEmail PosterICQYahoo
Holy Dragon
Posted: Sep 13 2004, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Frequent Member

Thats funny because Nintendo is number 1 on the world market with their consoles.

Though they may be 3rd in US and 2nd in Europe with the GCN alone.
PMEmail PosterAOL
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll