Return to the Forum Board Return to the Forum Board Show your Support for Morgan Webb

Watch X-Play on G4TechTV!

Home Page IHMW Forum Online Games Console Games Downloads & Misc. Members Only

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What Is The Best Cube Game.
Holy Dragon
Posted: Dec 13 2004, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: Members
Member No.: 21

Although most people say good cube games are few and far between i disagree i believe that the gamecube has enough quality titles to keep in competiton with the other systems but which one is the best?

I personally think that Metroid Prime is the best game for how refreshing and innovative the gameplay and story interface was. Although when the new LoZ comes out it might have some competiton but what do you all think?
PMEmail PosterAOL
Patsai
Posted: Dec 18 2004, 02:39 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 89

Gamecube's outstanding games still beat out many of PS2 and X-Box's, not that I'm saying the other two suck compared to the GC (they're all about the same to me, cuz I hate each system equally for their problems).

Gamecube's better games would go along the lines of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Metroid Prime, The Legend of Zelda (Wind Waker and Four Swords), Viewtiful Joe, MGS: The Twin Snakes, F-Zero GX, and Residen Evil 4. All the games listed give the Gamecube a strong enough name to live up to its fans, who still expected high from them, and they delivered.

The only thing why PS2 is outcompeting the others is still because PS2 has games that appeal to a wide variety of audiences and their focus on the customers. Thanks to Sony, video games have become viewed not as a kids' product anymore, but a form of entertainment just like movies and music are. X-Box would've tanked hadn't Halo come around the block to help out and support them.

Nintendo's dominance in the industry won't be happening for a while due to mistakes they've made in the early GC years. While it wasn't at all life-threatening mistakes, it did set them back, and now Nintendo's going to have a difficult time getting out of the hole they dug themselves in.
PMEmail Poster
Holy Dragon
Posted: Jan 7 2005, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 21

I really think nintendo will jump back into it in the next round if they aim for a more mature audience. But if they use those mini disks and gimmicky things like the gba-gcn connection among others they will have a success less than the cube. but if they use full HD-DVD or Blu-ray discs in the next round and pull out more games targeted for a more mature audience then they have a real shot at a comeback.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Webb-head
Posted: Jan 8 2005, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 7

nintendo is dieing becuase they won't keep up with the times
mario is great and all but come'on
with game's like:halo2,GTA,MGS and many more
mario and his friends can't keep up
maybe if they tryed being more cutting edge i would be in love with mario like i am with the best game of last year KOTOR 2
and if x-play don't give it game of the year im gonna send them some really nasty email and a few picture's they don't wanna see :angry:
PMEmail PosterICQYahoo
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll